Pesticide Products

For the Kansas law associated with this area of our program, go to the Kansas Agricultural Chemical Act.

KDA is required by the Kansas Agricultural Chemical Act of 1947 to register all pesticides intended for agricultural and non-agricultural uses. This includes any substance or mixture of substances labeled, designed or intended for use in preventing, destroying, repelling, or mitigating any insects, rodents, predatory animals, fungi, weeds, nematodes and other forms of plant or animal life or viruses, and any substance labeled, designed or intended for use as a defoliant, and any substance or mixture of substances, labeled, designed or intended for use as a plant regulator, or desiccant.

Kansas law does not require pesticide devices to be registered. All chemicals marketed with any pesticide claim must be registered in Kansas. This includes any chemical substances exempted from federal registration by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). All minimum risk or 25(b) pesticides require registration.

Product registration is January 1 – December 31. Products may be registered at any time throughout the year, however, fees are not prorated. The registration fee is $150 for antimicrobials and $180 for all other pesticides. A complete current market label plus any document referred to on the label or attached to the container, application, and fee is required for each product registration.   

Kelly Registration Systems

We are now partnered with Kelly Registration Systems. Registrants should submit new products or upload labeling through the online portal. All renewal notices and certificates will be provided to registrants electronically. Please note that registrants will not incur additional fees for use of the online portal for Kansas registrations and renewals, as credit card and convenience fees have been waived. Payment may also be made by ACH or check.

For technical support with the electronic portal, please call (800) 803-5777 or submit an email to For questions pertaining to legal registration and renewal requirements, please contact the Kansas Department of Agriculture at (785)-564-6700 or email

Pesticide Product Paper Form

The online portal is the preferred method for registration.  If you cannot use the online portal, a current paper form for pesticide product registration must be obtained by contacting the Kansas Department of Agriculture at (785)-564-6700 or email  Previous versions of the paper form will not be accepted and will be returned.  Labels associated with the paper form submission must be submitted on a CD in searchable PDF format.

It is the responsibility of the registrant to submit revised labels before products are distributed.

The following lists are provided to facilitate identification of authorized purchasers of restricted use pesticides:

  • FIFRA Section 24(c), Special Local Need (SLN) Registration

  • FIFRA Section 18, Emergency Exemption